Monday 30 March 2009

Busy weekend & 1 hour shorter!!

A busy weekend, indeed! Got it off to a good start with a 'girls night out' - usually a meal out, we decided to be 'cheap & cheerful' this month as only four of us could make it & went to 'Club 2000' Bingo!! We didn't win anything but had such a fun time! I laughed till I cried & couldn't see the numbers on my card!! Such good therapy!!
I spent Saturday being ruthless & sorting out my wardrobe, drawers etc. By the end of the day I could see exactly what I had & had filled a bag for the charity shop & have a pile of stuff to list on ebay later this week!!
I was pleased to see that, at last, one of my chilli plants is ripening!! They have been sitting on the windowledge since January & last weeks sunshine seemed to bring out buds on all the plants! The 'Hungarian Hot Wax' & 'Mild Anahiem' varities are doing well, but the 'Jalapenos' are still just buds! I'm looking forward to using this one in a 'Pasta Arabiata'!!
I had an embaressing moment at work yesterday!! I crouched down to look in a cupboard, while serving a customer, & my right leg inside trouser seam split from crotch to knee!!! Ever the professional I completed the sale before adjourning to the 'Beauty Room' for some running repairs!! Needless to say it raised a laugh from my colleagues, but could have been so much worse!!!!
Sunday nights are cinema nights & I met my friend 'A' as usual. We grab a bowl of pasta before seeing whichever films start time suits! This way we see films we otherwise might not choose - not always a success, but last night we saw 'Knowing' & it was different to what we had expected, but enjoyable none the less!!
I've managed to grab some scrap time today, between never ending laundry & the general post weekend tidy up!! I had a list of challenges from the Daisy Girls on CMD that I'd planned to complete by month end but time got away from me (as well as the lost hour on Sunday morning!) & I've just managed one!! Kristii's altered photo challenge.
This photo is Alex at age 3 & Nathan at 6 months & I cut it as a jigsaw puzzle before sticking it down 'uncompleted'. I wanted to keep this LO simple as the photo is quite colourful, so just stamped a border, adding gems at the corners, & apart from the alpha's, just added two grungeboard hearts, painted & edged with stickles.
Well, it's weigh in at Slimming World tomorrow (!!!) so will update my progress later this week!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a clever idea on the layout! I just LOVE it!!! Glad you were able to repair your trousers...that sounds like a typical day in the life of me! Ha! Ha!

Jocelyn said...

I just found you on Lisa's Blog and so adored reading you Blog!!!! I had such a giggle about you tearing your pants. Oh dear, but you handled it very well!!! Please stop by and say HI! I just adore meeting new people with a passion for life and paper crafting!!! I adore the LO that you completed!!! Happy Wednesday!