Saturday 11 July 2009

'Today' - a stolen idea!...................

I am 'borrowing' an idea from a couple of blogs I regularly visit! It made great reading there, so I hope it does here too!!

Today
........................


Outside my window........The weather is duelling - one moment we have blue skies & the next slate grey! Of course the garden needs the rain, but I have been enjoying the higher temperatures over the past few weeks!

I am thinking................about what we can do during the school summer holidays & have been checking out destinations for day trips on-line. Paris looks a possibility, via the Eurostar, & The Tower of London to see Henry viii's armour, another! I am an avid fan of 'Air miles' & other offers that mean we can do things for less money!!

I am thankful for............so much!! Especially my Hubby, Lee, who has taken such good care of me for the past 26 years!! For family, my Mum-in-law is staying with us at the moment & I love it!! For friends - I am blessed with numerous & varied friends. For a comfortable home & a job that I enjoy!

From the kitchen............I have just lunched on salad & Couscous munchies!! Made with couscous, Quark, onion, egg, cheese & herbs. A favourite & guilt free dish in my constant battle to shed the lbs!!

I am wearing..................black combat trousers & a 'periwinkle' blue T-shirt, with tan Birkenstocks & pearl earrings!!!

I am creating.................a layout using the leftover kit from last months Tempsford crop, featuring a photo of the boys & I on holiday in Cornwall, in 2003!

I am going.....................to do the ironing when I'm finished blogging!!

I am reading...................'The Memory Keepers Daughter' by Kim Edwards. An interesting read, but will not be sorry to finish it! It started with so much promise, but has become a little 'slow' - but who knows it may have a roller coaster ending!!

I am hoping...................that my leg is finally on the mend! The last course of antibiotics seem to have made a difference, so may that continue!

I am hearing..................Marilyn Monroe (of who I am a lifelong fan) singing, I have 'The Prince & the Showgirl' on TV as I write! Femininity personified!

Around the house.............all is clean & tidy!!! It's amazing how having a house guest motivates me into getting it all under control!

One of my favourite things.........Chocolate! Hence the permanent diet!!

A few plans for the week.............as the final week of term, to ensure that Alex survives all of the 'off curriculum' activity! To enjoy a farewell supper with my friend Amanda, who flies off next weekend, with her son, to spend the summer in the US. To enjoy Mum-in-laws company & to make the most of her offer to child mind, so that Lee & I get to enjoy a VERY rare night out together!!

So, what does your Today look like?

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh I so enjoyed reading this!!!!! May I ask, what is quark? I have never heard of that before. I love what you are wearing...especially the birkenstocks....my fave!!!! This was so fun learning more about you and the wonderful life that you are living!!!! Have a great day, special friend! :)

Anna said...

Quark?! Isn't that some sort of desktop publishing programme? ;):D

Hope you have a great last week of term and a lovely time with your MIL. Here's hoping that leg really is on the mend at last!