Friday 7 August 2009

It's the weekend!......

I have a 'proper' weekend this week as I'm not working on Sunday! We are all going back to Hereford for a few days, which is something we don't do often enough - Alex's cat dander allergy/Asthma has meant we weren't able to stay with anyone without ending up at A&E with Alex on a nebulizer!! Now that Nanny has moved into a new cat free home, we are able to visit without the cost of a B&B!! I will be taking the laptop with me but am not sure what wi-fi access will be available, so my not be posting till we get back next Wednesday!

This week saw me baking, another thing I don't do often enough & with very good reason....I eat too much of what I bake!! Alex asked me to make a cake as it's his (& mine too!!) birthday next Tuesday & as we won't be at home he will have a shop bought cake. So I made him a vanilla cake with cherries, all at his request - needless to say it has all been eaten (I did have only my fair share!!) - Well, it wouldn't have kept till we got back...would it?!!!
I finally managed to complete the cover of my album for Shimelles 'Stop Press' class, it was Monday's prompt, so I'm already behind, but no stress, I'll get there in my own time & I have been enjoying taking part in two other challenge blogs as well!!
The sun is shining outside & the forecast good for the weekend, so I'm hoping that will hold over in the west so that our birthday celebrations don't get washed out! We have booked a visit to 'Cadbury World' on the morning of our birthday - I've never been & I think the boys are expecting it to be like 'Willy Wonkers'!!! There is sure to be lots of chocolate sampling, so that will do me!! Then we are out for a family meal in the evening, so it should be fun!

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh it sounds like you are going to have a grand time and I hope the weather stays nice!!! The picture of the cake made my mouth water...how yummy!!!!! Love the cover for your album!! Have a grand BIRTHDAY Celebration!!! We will be celebrating an anniversary on the 13th!!!! Smiles and best wishes to you sweet friend!!! :)

Anna said...

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you both! :D I hope you had a wonderful time at Cadbury World.

That cake looked absolutely fabulous! Love your album cover too ... :)

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Happy birthday...super cute layout!!

wendyp said...

happy Birthday!!!

super cute cover!! Love that kraft cardstock!

Unknown said...

Love your attitude about no stress in falling behind in your class! And that cake looks scrumptious!

Cindy Groh said...

It took a while but I found some ribbon. I may have spotted some in earlier posts but I wasn't totally sure. Hope to see you at the Blog Hop at DP.