Wednesday 19 August 2009

Just too pretty!.........

So it's Wednesday again & time for WOYWW!! There is no work in progress on my desk at the moment - that will all change this evening when I set about week 3's challenge LO for Dixie Pieces!

That doesn't mean that my desk is bare though! Oh no! Postie has not long been & I had TWO parcels!! One I knew about & one surprise! The first was a pizza box containing all sorts of scrappy yumminess from Shimelle!

I signed up for
Shimelle's on line 'Learn something New Every Day' class, which starts on September 1st, and had ordered the accompanying kit. I am actually still taking part in Shimelle's 'Go to Press' on line class at Two Peas but the beauty of on line classes is you get to work at your own pace, so no stress!!

The second parcel I had today was a belated
birthday gift from one of my UKS friends, Sue, & contained a beautiful handmade card along with some clear stamps, funky rubber buttons, a spool of ribbon & a chipboard mini book from the 'ArtTart'!! How fab was that?!!

So that's what's on my desk this Wednesday - I wish every Wednesday could be this exciting!!

And now for something completely different.......

My younger son, Nathan, is a bit of a free spirit! At age ten & a half, he's into skateboarding, rock music & trendy clothes. He has also been growing his hair for the past year or so & we have had some pretty loud screaming sessions as I've pinned him down to allow me to brush it properly! I have no problem with him having long hair, but the deal is that he keeps it clean & tidy & ties it back for certain classes at school. He must have quite a sensitive scalp & tends not to brush it properly, just sort of skims the brush over the top, so last night I introduced him to the benefits of conditioner!!

Oh, the indignity of having your mother in the bathroom while you're in the tub, not to mention enduring 'shampoo, rinse, repeat, condition & rinse again' I explained that he should shampoo in the same direction of the hair & not rub - this was met with "yeah Yeah whatever!" Amazing then that when he was out of the tub & dressed again, the comb went smoothly through his hair without a single catch! I could see the dawn of enlightenment in his eyes!

This morning, before I was even out of bed, he came & asked me to feel how silky his hair was & proceeded to sit at my dressing table brushing his strawberry blonde locks!!! I may have created a monster!!


I couldn't resist getting a shot of him last night, with his hair, all combed & sleek with conditioner, halfway down his back, he looked just too pretty to be a boy!!
And now for a bit more scrappiness!! One of my regular on-line haunts is the afore mentioned UK Scrappers where I'm a member of the 'Chocolate Buttons' team. UKS teams post a weekly LO challenge & next week is the turn of the 'Chocolate Buttons'! Points are awarded for certain criteria & we chose the following 'ingredients' to be included - Chocolate, buttons, happiness & stamping. The chocolate could either be the yummy stuff itself or the colour. Here is my example LO
How convenient that we visited Cadbury World last week!!

Well, I'm off now to carry on painting the downstairs cloakroom - the smallest room in the house seems to be taking as long as any other!!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh I just love what is on your desk!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!! The story of your son and his hair is just pefect and that pic.....his hair is stunning!!! Your LO is soooooooo Perfect.....!!! I love it...so great detail and all the colors.....cadbury of course!!!!! You did a wonderful job!!!! Good luck on the painting....oh do not mention the word paint!!!! :) Smiles to you today sweet friend!!! :)

Lisa said...

LOL! Love the story of your son & the conditioner. You must certainly scrap that! Great chocolate LO! Makes me want some! :) Glad to see you have some new goodies to play with. Can't wait to see what you create! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xoxo L