Wednesday 23 December 2009

Five days in a flash!!…

It seems that since my last post the days have gone by so quickly & yet they have been quite full & busy days!

On Saturday, we did indeed get to the pantomime…iSnowdayresizet was touch & go for a while as we had a real blizzard….but we did go & took it easy on the roads. The panto was Aladdin,  at the Gordon Craig theatre in Stevenage. This is a small intimate theatre & perfect for panto, as it makes it really interactive. There was all the usual “behind you”…”Oh no it isn’t”… & very corny jokes, but it was thoroughly enjoyable. Paul Laidlaw, who plays the Dame, has the most amazing figure & legs most women would give their eye teeth for!!

On Sunday I went to work…the roads were horrible, it was –2.5 degrees all the way & I went round more than one roundabout sideways on…horrible! But I was glad I went in as it was a very successful sales day & a great atmosphere!

Monday was a housework day…getting everything ready fro the arrival of Mum-in-Law for Christmas. Although cold it was bright out & I set off to the hairdressers quite happily….it started to rain as I drove the short distance to Kempston & while I was inside the salon, that turned into snow…an hour later I came out to a white-out & another horrible drive home!!

Yesterday dawned bright & sunny & Lee set off to pick up his Mum from Hereford. I was so nervous about his journey..I didn’t relax until they were both inside the door! Luckily it stayed above freezing all day & the route he took was all motorway & the roads were clear. He did have to make a detour to avoid a couple of accident holdups but at least they were safe! While he was out I wrapped the last few bits, & then chilled in front of the TV with the boys!Nan&Alexresize 

We haven’t seen Pat (M-I-L) since August & both boys were so pleased to see her …on her part, she could not get over how Alex has grown since then. His voice is also much deeper & they were laughing over how her slippers now fit him!  However, he still snuggled up to her on the sofa, just as he’s always done, he just had to tuck those long legs away!!

 

Nan&Natresize 

Last time Pat saw Nathan his hair was long, so she had a shock when he took his hat off…!

They both brought her up to speed on their school news & showed her all the Christmas decorations…as if she hasn’t seen them every year for as long as they’ve been around!!  Aaaaahhh!!

 

So, that brings me up to today….we were supposed to be driving down to a friends in St Albans this evening, but after Lee made a trip to Harpenden this morning & found that the roads were a bit hairy, we decided to cancel. Such a shame, but I think it’s common sense not to take risks!

We decided to have a nice meal in instead…we fancied Chinese, so popped to Tesco to pick up some supplies…two hours later we were still in the queue at the checkout!! But we do indeed have a lovely meal to look forward to later! Crispy duck & pancakes, sweet & sour pork, chicken & cashew nuts, chicken & black bean sauce, egg fried rice, vegetable spring rolls & prawn crackers!

I’m not sure when I will be posting next, so can I say MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone…may you all enjoy a happy, stress free time in good health. Thank you  for continuing to drop by & all the fabulous, kind & highly entertaining comments you’ve left me since I started this venture in March.

Stay safe & warm!

6 comments:

super-mum-donna said...

Have a fab Christmas my good friend, and a wonderful new year. x

Anna said...

Happy Christmas Sandi! Hope you all have a wonderful time :)

(Wish me luck for Christmas dinner!:D I'm going to be trying to cook the turkey in a microwave. The oven's just broken down! Element's gone ... )

Jocelyn said...

Loved reading the post and the dinner....can I come over and have some....it sounds so delish!!!

Wishing you and your family THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!! Blessings to you sweet friend!!! :-)

Mary said...

Have a very Merry Christmas Sandi and a Wonderful New Year.

Anonymous said...

just poping by to say hapy christmas it has been lovely to meet you this year and the cake shop is on park road west:)

Lisa said...

Merry, merry Christmas sweet lady! Hoping the new year brings you all your heart desires!!!