Thursday 10 December 2009

Twenty Four lengths!!….day ten…

As I mentioned yesterday, my car was booked in for a brake test this morning. Lee booked it in as back in the summer, when my car was last serviced, we were advised that the front brake pads were at 70% & would need replacing before the years end. I dropped it off at 9am & just before midday I get a call to tell me that all the brake pads were fine & all that needed replacing was the rear wiper & a brake light bulb! Apparently we were wrongly advised about the wear on the brakes! We are hoping they will adjust the bill for the ‘unnecessary’ test accordingly!!

While the car was in the garage I spent a very pleasant two hours at the gym, trying to make up for my missed sessions earlier this week. I did a half hour cardiovascular workout & then swam TWENTY FOUR lengths of the pool…..I didn’t manage to better my 34 strokes per length though!! I finished off with a good long sauna & left the gym glowing!!

The rest of the day seems to have concertinaed so that apart from feeding the troops I haven’t got much else done!!

I have managed to complete day 10 of JYC though!! Today’s prompt was ‘wrapping’….Now I love to wrap gifts….good quality paper, lots of curling ribbon, satin ribbon, bows & bells…and not one piece of visible sticky tape!! Over the years I must have invested a small fortune in gift wrap..each year being a co-ordination of designs & colours.JYCday10resize This year I have not bought any new gift wrap & will be using up all of the end-rolls from the past few years in an effort to keep outgoings down….as someone so rightly pointed out…it all ends up in the recycling bag anyway!!

That’s it from me for today…I have an hour with Nick first thing in the morning so am off to have an early night!!

15 sleeps to go…..Thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Twenty four lengths of the pool?!! WOW! :D It's making me tired just thinking about it ...

Thanks for the comments on my blog yesterday :) I've had several attempts at installing Live Writer but it doesn't seem to like me. Keeps saying that my password and id don't match (or some such complicated nonsense) Will try again with it at a later date :)

Hope you have a great weekend. Love the woven ribbons on your parcel LO ....