Friday 12 March 2010

The trials & tribulations of a technophobe!…

Well, that’s not strictly true…the past twelve months have seen me became far more confident dealing with all the tech’ necessary to navigate the net & shop online!  I am amazed at how much blogging has increased my understanding of all things ‘puter.

BUT….they say that pride comes before a fall…well…I mentioned in an earlier post that I planned to make a book from my first years posts, so I downloaded the necessary programme & set about ‘slurping’ all my blog posts into ‘BookSmart’, all ready for editing! 

I got as far as page 33…getting to grips with how to rearrange page layouts & change font size etc etc.  Then my eyelids began to droop, so I ‘saved’ my work so far & logged off. But…yesterday, when I logged back on…it was gone!  No record of it anywhere in Blurb/BookSmart at all!!!!!  AND…to add insult to injury…all of my blog photo’s from 23 November ‘09 (When I started using Live Writer to post to my blog) to 8 March this year have disappeared!!!! They are all still visible in my post history on Live Writer…just not in my actual blog!! Aaaaargh!!!

I have left a question for the help panel, but if anyone out there has any advice on how I can restore them…I would be very grateful!!!!

Anyhow..Onwards & Upwards…I had a thoroughly enjoyable morning on Wednesday, when I met my two very good friends, Karen & Robynne, for coffee & MUCH chat!! We all used to work together & hadn’t all got together so far this year, so there was a lot to catch up on! Karen got this shot, using the timer on her camera…

IMG_8560-1[1]

I also had a fun time yesterday putting together a LO for Shimelle’s first prompt…to use metal!  Within my stash I must have a zillion brads, a billion eyelets & quite an assortment of bookplates, charms, clips, turns & bottle tops! So I sorted out some charms that I’d had for eons…very shiny silver but flat & boring…got out my Tim Holtz texturizing hammer (you see Karen, I knew I’d use it one day!!) & bashed away happily…very therapeutic!! Here is what I put together…

CropBuddies 
I used a sketch that I saved to my favourites yonks ago, but have no recollection of where it was from!! The photo is of Karen, Hilary & myself at one of the Crafty Stash crops in Tempsford last Summer. I loved that, apart from one sheet of Kraft cardstock, everything else, paper wise, came out of my scraps box!

Right!…I’m off to sort out the photo’s I need for tomorrows crop…then maybe I can do a bit of work on Shimelle’s second prompt!!

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend….& for all you UK Mums…Happy Mothers Day for Sunday!!

Thanks for dropping by!

8 comments:

humel said...

Gosh, good luck hun - I'm afraid I can't help you though!

I love your layout :-) I saw it on the forum first - all the texturising makes it really interesting and different! x

Sian said...

Oh, no! I really hope you get that sorted out! Sorry, I can't help at all, but then I haven't even advanced to Livewriter yet. I am seriously technically challenged.

Great page! I love the texture and dimension.

Anna said...

I never even managed to fathom out how to use Livewriter so I'm no help at all I'm afraid! Hope you get it sorted.
A texturizing hammer? Sounds like something one might bash steak with! ;) Wonderful LO ... hope you have a lovely weekend. :)

karen said...

I told you blurb was hard!I saved mine to a file on my computer and mine from livewriter are all there.Mine's froze now as I have too many pictures.I was hoping you were going to be able to show me how to do it.....
Your layouts fab.It covers todays prompt as well with all those punched circles.Lets hope your hammer gets another outing soon.What about all that grunge board????

Jocelyn said...

Oh I love this LO....the circles are just perfect and you girls are soooooooo cute!!!

I am so sorry I can't help you either....

Wishing you a Fabulous weekend!!!

Denise said...

Love the layout and the photo.I had heard about making a book of your blog posts but never found out how to do it.I know just how annoying it can be when yous pend hours doing something like that and arranging it all etc etc, hope you solve it soon x

Anna said...

Not a Leo but a Sagittarius ... pretty much of a muchness on the bossy front, I believe! :D
Hope you enjoyed your crop?

Pattycake Manners said...

I *love* your layout!!! What a great idea for punched circles. Something I will have to file away for future use! Congrats on being featured in Shimelle's post today! Lovely work.