Tuesday 23 March 2010

Where did the weekend go?

I seem to have blinked & missed the weekend…& Monday really did just pass me by!!

Saturday was designated a day to work on the first three classes of the BIA101 class. I now feel much more confident in punching & binding with my V 2.0…these three classes put together came up with a ‘guide’ mini book, which I managed to complete before teatime!!

BIAguideresizedAfter tea, I settled down to work on Shimelles Friday Challenge for Something from {Almost} Nothing…to use all of the required elements featured so far…Metal, Cardstock, Patterned Paper & ribbon, all on one LO. This is what I came up with..dreamer1I love that Nathan still likes his ‘cuddlies’ at bedtime…for all that he’s a cool dude during the day!!!

Shimelle also set two more challenges for Saturday & Sunday, but with work & the cinema, there was no way I could complete them by the deadline of Midnight on Sunday…but I will get around to them sometime soon…there were so many great LO’s submitted & my good friend Karen won the Saturday challenge with a fabulous LO that you simply must pop over to her blog & check out. (just don’t drool too much over her gorgeous new en-suite bathroom!!!)  She has kindly offered to share her prize (two passes for any Shimelle class) with me & we’re hoping there will be a photographic one coming up soon!!

I had a great day at work on Sunday…although it was such a gorgeous day outside I would love to have been working in the garden instead!! After work I met Amanda & we went to see ‘The Lovely Bones’…lovelybones_poster_thumb …it was a book I read a couple of years ago & thoroughly enjoyed, so I wondered how it would translate onto the big screen. It was done very well…such a horrid subject, very sensitively presented & I couldn’t help but think that to families who do go through the horror of a murdered child, the viewpoint of this film could offer a morsel of comfort.

19March2010 009I spent yesterday asleep mostly!! I woke up feeling OK, but once I’d done the school run & eaten breakfast I started to feel really nauseous, so I filled a hot water bottle & returned to my bed!! Today I’m feeling a bit less shivery & even managed a bowl of homemade Leek & Potato soup for lunch…along with copious amounts of water, I’m hoping to flush anything out of my system..there are so many bugs around at the moment & I really don’t have time to be ill!!!

So…I’m working through Shimelles Prompt 5 at the moment…using a page protector within a LO…either whole or in pieces…it’s really got me thinking!!!
No prizes for guessing what I will be doing this evening!!image010 But don’t worry Karen, the house isn’t in too much of a mess…& I don’t even have to cook tonight as Alex had a food tech lesson today & chose to cook Chilli-con-Carne, so I only have to boil some rice & warm up some tortilla’s & we’re done!!

Tomorrow will bring Promt 6 from Shimelle & Lesson 4 from the ‘BIA 101’ classroom, so I’ll be busy creating…& I need to fit my swim & sauna in somewhere too!!

Thanks for dropping by & have a great week!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh you did such a great job on your mini book and LO...swoon...............it is PERFECT!!! I adore the Black and White!!!

I too read The Lovely Bones and did think that they did a wonderful job with the movie!!!

So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Take care sweet friend and feel better soon!!!

Anna said...

Gorgeous monochromatic LO Sandi ... just adorable!
Hope you enjoyed your chilli con carne and that you're feeling much better tomorrow :)

humel said...

Hope you're feeling better now x

It's not just the weekend that's slipped away from me - where have all my days gone?! (I suppose working on projects for Shimelle's class could have accounted for some of the hours....)

Your projects here are all *stunning* and can't wait to see what you do with the page protectors!

Sian said...

I hope you are feeling better..there are lots of bugs going round at the minute indeed. Mind you it looks like you achieved plenty over the weekend! That black and white page is stunning!

karen said...

Men don't realise how lucky they are going out to work,they have such an easy life.Its hard being a SAHM.Especially for me with no "children" anymore.
Put your feet up.