Monday 12 April 2010

Let’s play catch up!…

Where has the past week gone? I must admit that quite a lot has gone on, but it seems to have gone in a flash!!!

978_large Since my last post, we have been to see ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ in 3D…what a fabulous film…along the lines of Shrek, inasmuch as it has humour to appeal to both adults & kids & we all enjoyed it equally.

I have to admit, though, to munching my way through a bag of popcorn, with a (very) little help from Alex! Why is it that when the lights go down I have a ‘Pavlov’s Dog’ kind of automatic impulse to just keep eating the stuff!! I’m sure I don’t even taste it…but the bag was 3/4 empty when the film finished, so I did eat it!!!

Two whole days of the week were spent in Alex’s room! We had decided to replace his high bed with a standard single bed & apart from dismantling the former & assembling the latter, the whole process of rearranging the room was down to yours truly! Which was probably just as well as it was rather like a giant jigsaw puzzle! We also put his Nanny’s old TV in one corner, along with a DVD player….we decided against the X-Box too, as we’d never see him!!

12Apr2010 009 On Saturday, Karen & I set out to Alexandra Palace, for the ‘Big Stamp & Scrapbooking Show’. It’s a year since I last went & two since Karen has, so we were as excited as a couple of school kids!

It was very busy, with two huge queues waiting for the doors to open & it seemed as if everyone had the same idea as we did….to head for the ‘Every item £1 & 12 items for £10’ stand!! But we did manage to take full advantage & get some really useful items!! 12Apr2010 007
Karen & I have very similar tastes in PP, but create totally different LO’s with it…so we Ooohed & Aaaahed & hyperventilated together…we discovered a new range by Melody Ross…a name that was new to us, but the papers & embellies were just gorgeous! I think we will be looking out for more when we get to Chicago!!

12Apr2010 021With Chicago in mind, I had planned to shop for basics only at Ally Pally & did indeed stock up on adhesives & cardstock, but I did succumb to some lovely new PP’s, tiny alpha’s, some K&Co embellies at silly prices, and….these gorgeous wooden buttons.

12Apr2010 023
I was also very pleased to get a Martha Stewart ‘Around the Page’ border punch at a very good show price. I have wanted one since before Christmas but kept balking at the price…I know I will get a lot of use out of it…oh yes I will Karen!!!

12Apr2010 022
We were very sensible & split some purchases…a pack of doilies & even a sheet of PP… we fell in love with some glass headed pins with little pennants, but who would use 15?  So we took an executive decision to split them three ways & texted Hilary to let her know she’d just bought a third share, sight unseen!!!

All in all a very satisfying & enjoyable day out! Now I just need some scrapping time to allow me to get to using some of those lovely new purchases!!

I’m off now to finish making up the guest room for Mum-In-Laws arrival tomorrow…and maybe…just maybe…I might get some scrapping in before bedtime tonight!!!

Thanks for dropping by & I leave you with this thought…chickensoup

6 comments:

Anna said...

(Oh, but olives on pastry are delicious Sandi ... Honest! :D )

Glad you had such a good time at Ally Pally. I'm loving those glass headed flag pins :)

scrappyjacky said...

Looks...and sounds...like you had a great day.

humel said...

lol at the chickens!! I loved the Dragon film too (though it was nothing like the book...) But I'm madly jealous of your trip to Ally Pally! Looking forward to seeing what you make with your purchases x

Jocelyn said...

Oh Sandi....it looks like you had such a grand time!!!! Awesome goodies...and I must admit...but I go to the movies...the same thing happens to me.....the popcorn does not stop...it keeps going straight into my mouth and then I am so surprised when the movie is over and I have eaten my way to the bottom of the bag!!! :-)

Wishing you a great week sweet friend!!!! Love your Blog!!!!!!!!!!!!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Ooooo, looks like you two had so much fun and found some great things. I love ALL of Martha Stewart's punches!!!
Thank you for your thoughts and well wishes regarding my mom. She had the "cement" procedure done today. It looks good so far. Time will tell.
Take care,
Mary Lou

Sian said...

Sound like you had a fabulous day out. And you've still got Chicago to look forward to? Excellent!
I love popcorn too. Even the microwave at home stuff.