Sunday 4 April 2010

Scrappy Easter!…

4April2010 012 4April2010 010 When the Easter Bunny set out to hide the chocolate at 6am this morning, it was wet, wet, wet!!! So, improvising, she hid the eggs & treats in nooks & crannies around the living room & placed a sign on the door forbidding entry to anyone until after breakfast!!

4April2010 019 This ensured that cereal & toast were eaten with much speed & both boys then set about the scramble to see who could find the most!! This always puzzles me as we have always shared the haul equally between them…but I suppose there is some kudos for finding more!!

4April2010 020

I do wonder if this might be one of the last visits for the Easter Bunny, as Alex is now a teenager, albeit a very young thirteen & I guess the ‘cool factor’ is going to seep in at some point for both boys!! But hey, for the moment they’re still enjoying the make believe! As with Santa I tell them..OK, if he doesn’t exist, then he can’t bring gifts, can he?


4April2010 024Once all the chocolate treats were rounded up, counted to make sure none were missed & divided equally, Alex turned his attention to which X-Box game was going to hold his attention for the remainder of the morning.

Nathan on the other hand immediately started on sampling said chocolate treats! What can I say?  He’s a chip of the old block!!4April2010 025 
  
maltEasterAs for myself, I ate the MaltEaster bunny that has been sitting on my desk for the last three weeks, waiting for just such a moment. I almost ate him on Friday, but got distracted with everything happening for the challenges & prompts over at Shimelle’s ‘Something From {Almost} Nothing’ class, & so enjoyed him all the more today! I did take a sequence of photo’s of this event & am planning to use them on a LO very soon!!

So, what have I been up to for the class?  Well, the final weekend challenge was ‘The Biggest User’….to get as much onto a LO as possible, but still to like the end result!! The earliest entries set the bar high with hundreds of blooms & embellishments, so I did my best & came up with this…ZOO

ZOOclose2

I think I managed about 125 items…it was fun to do & again…it busted my stash!! I also learned how to successfully achieve a technique I had tried before…unsuccessfully!!! To cover a chipboard alpha in paper…the letters for ZOO to be precise & I’m pleased with how they turned out!!

The butterflies were inspired by a LO Karen submitted for last Sunday’s challenge & I cut most of them on my Silhouette, using scraps of PP…along with a few smaller ones made using a punch.

There is a tenuous link between the butterflies & the LO theme, & that is that the bug house was the favourite part of the visit to London zoo for both boys…if not for me!!

Finally, after the three weekend challenge LO’s I managed to catch up with the prompts…#9 was for Chipboard…I have quite a lot, but don’t use much! In the prompt, Shimelle had asked for hearts & something we love, but not a romantic theme…hmmm!

Last week we had a ‘told you so’ moment, when Nathan went out without a coat & I warned him that rain was on the way…it’s happened before & I’ve even done a LO about it too!!  Did he listen?…NO!!! So I used those photo’s & did this…beingright!I used five chipboard hearts, covered in paper (there’ll be no stopping me now!!!) & a chipboard quote circle I’ve had for years!! The shaped PP has also been with me for quite some time!!

So, that’s me up to date, with Shimelle’s class at least, tomorrow brings a new prompt & I need to work on the latest ‘BIA101’ lesson too, but they’ll have to wait a couple of days…we are having a day out tomorrow & I need to get my housework done on Tuesday, so I’ll catch you all again after that!

Thank you so much for dropping by..again!!

Easter Blessings :)

13 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

2 more brilliant layouts....just love your style....and I love it when I'm right as well!!!!

karen said...

My kids have never believed in Santa or an Easter bunny.In fact I don't think they have ever been on a egg hunt.
Loved both the layouts,especially the butterfly one.

Mary said...

Just loving all your LO's Sandi and really enjoy coming to have a read of your blog.......it's such fun. M x

Sian said...

Those butterflies are stunning Sandi. Really beautiful! Your egg hunt looks like a lot of fun..and you are just right to keep it going for as long as possible :)

ScrappingMomOf3 said...

hi Sandi. I mentioned you today on my blog... take a look! :)

CoventryAnn said...

Love the butterfly LO, and the title alpha looks fab covered in paper and inked. :)

Anna said...

As long as the Esater Bunny keeps bringing eggs then my two'll be believers ...
Great layouts - especially love the butterflies one :)

Gemma* said...

love the butterflies :)

Sianba said...

You make such beautiful Lo's! I just love your butterflies, it's so elegant

Beverly said...

The butterfly LO is gorgeous!

humel said...

Fab egg hunt pics :-) I love to see how everyone does the tradition slightly differently! And the layouts are *gorgeous* x

Jocelyn said...

Love these LO's...they are just perfect and those Butterflies.....swoon...I love how they look like they are ready to take flight!!!

Love the pics of the family!!!! Egg Hunts are just so much fun!!!

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, two stunning layouts!!! Love them. Anesha