Wednesday 14 July 2010

Something Graphic & a bit of Exposure!…

I’m still playing catch-up with the prompts over at LYPLYP! Yesterdays prompt (#8) was to photograph the sky & experiment with different shutter speeds to give different exposures. Well, yesterday in the UK was dull & cloudy, so not conducive to good photographs of the sky, so instead I worked on prompt #6, which was a tutorial about applying Graphic titles directly to a photograph. I have to say that as I don’t have ‘Photoshop’ at my disposal, the tutorial instructions didn’t really mean a lot to me, so I set about as close a proximity to the result as I could with Picassa & a photo of Alex taken a little while ago…

26Feb2010 003 
Then today it was dull  & cloudy again, & I was out & about for most of it, but just after we got in from the school run, we had the most fantastic thunderstorm! Once the rain stopped, the sun broke through the few remaining clouds, so I grabbed my camera & took position under the dripping Honeysuckle to try & get some interesting sky shots! I ran off about twenty or so shots, trying different shutter speeds to vary the exposure, but when I uploaded them, there was only a very subtle difference between any of them! Anyway, I chose the best four to share with you!
Love your photo's 
Tomorrow, we’re back to scrapping prompts, so I wonder what Shimelle has in store for us all?!!! I still have prompts #3, #7 & #9 to catch up with, all photography prompts, so I’d better pull my socks up & get on with it!!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

3 comments:

Sian said...

There is a definite family likeness there! He's a lovely lad by the sound of things.

Still raining here, still no sky pictures, but I'm liking what you've done. I have learnt that I need to take lots of pictures in the hope of finding one I like!

humel said...

Love how you've done this :-) I'm so inspired to do something similar with my The Children!

And lucky you, blue skies....

Abi said...

This is such a lovely photo! The journalling looks so good on it as well! the blue skies look glorious! Thanks for sharing. Abi