Thursday 17 February 2011

A wet week so far… in more ways than one!!

snowdrops It seems that, with Spring just around the corner, we are still doomed to more wet weather before the sunshine is here for any length of time!

The snowdrops are bravely pushing up through the leaf mulch & I am itching to get out there & start the big tidy up, but the ground is so soft underfoot that I’d probably pull up half the topsoil with any weeds  & the grass is just way too soggy to cut! 


So I’ll make do with a little sweeping & raking…I need to freshen up my pots & baskets & I can also do some cutting back of my ramblers & climbers…after that I’ll just have to bide my time till Spring gets here in full force…God willing, may that be soon!!

A-Little-Bit-of-Heaven-Poster Our Sunday cinema trip took us to see ‘A Little Bit Of Heaven’ starring Kate Hudson.

After last weeks film disappointment we thought we deserved a light & fluffy ‘chick flick’…little did we know!!

It was lovely…Kate Hudson is so good as the lead character & has inherited her mothers comedic timing…BUT…it is such a sad story!!

I sobbed…I mean literally sobbed!! Even Amanda, who usually makes fun of me being such a softie shed more than a few tears!!

 
And is if that wasn’t enough….Monday morning, I settled down with my breakfast to watch the final episode in series four of ‘Larkrise To Candleford’

banner  

b00gbbl0_178_100What can I say…it started well, with the return of Dawn French’s character, Caroline…from then on it was an emotional roller coaster!! I laughed, I cried, I choked on my granola!!!


I have all six episodes on Sky+ & I will be re-watching them all in anticipation of series five! It cannot come soon enough!

Apple Pie! So, all cried out & emotionally drained, what did I do? Why I baked of course!

Just an apple & blackberry pie, but it hit the spot that only comfort food can!!


I have been scrapping this week too, but as it’s all for March challenges, I can’t share it yet!!  Now they're all done & dusted, I’m hoping to get some more of my ‘Catch Up’ scrapping done!!

This coming Friday see’s the start of half term & it’ll be a very busy week ahead…As well as working Sunday, I have two days overtime to work next week & it’s Nathan’s 12th birthday on the Friday with all that entails!  I’m hoping to fit in a hair appointment & a bit of DIY, so I’ll be back when I can!!!

Thanks for dropping by & I hope you’re all having a great week! :)

8 comments:

Sian said...

I have to agree with the apple and blackberry! It works (almost) every time. And, yes, Candleford was emotional - I wonder are they going to make any more?

Jocelyn said...

Oh what a great pic....makes me want to look around for some things in my yard...other than chicken eggs!!!! :-)

I can't wait to see that movie!!!

OH MY THE PIE!!!! YUMMO!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks delish!!! I am so hungry right now...I just need one slice please!!!

Happy Birthday to Nathan....wow 12!!!! Where does the time go!!!

Can't wait to see your creative goodies!!!

Wishing you a great weekend..although it sounds like busy times!!!!

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like a very busy week,Sandi....am hoping to be able to get a bit done in the garden....but ours is soggy and wet as well...probably have to be cutting back like you....maybe planting some seeds.

debs14 said...

Ah half term .... the best bit about working in a school I find! Funny how quickly half terms fly by though. Have a good one and enjoy the birthday celebrations.
ps pie looks wonderfully comforting - yum!

karen said...

I'll stay at home if its half term next week.Can't stand kids!!
What a busy week next week,great opportunity to get away from the kids and make some money.Win,win.

Denise said...

looks like you will be a busy lady next week. Hope Nathan's birthday goes well x

scrappygal said...

apple and blackberry pie sounds absolutely scrumptious!

humel said...

Happy birthday to Nathan! Hope you're all having a lovely half term :-)

When you mentioned 'wet week' I feared that you might have been suffering leaks from your bath or washing machine, as I did - I'm relieved that isn't the case... Yummy looking pie xx