Thursday 17 May 2012

Many Happy Returns Mrs A’…

KarenToday is my good friend Karen's birthday…not sure which one, but suffice to say she’s younger than me!!

Knowing that with all that's going on in our busy lives, it would be unlikely that I’d see her ‘on-the-day’ I wanted to try & make a card that was perfect for her!!

Karen is someone who becomes an expert at everything she tries…cooking, knitting, sewing, interior design, scrapbooking, photography!  In fact we’ve likened her to Mary Poppins…Practically Perfect In Every Way’!! So when I saw this design available for my Silhouette library, I had to have it!!

IMG_7297

I printed it off & mounted it
onto some card to make a 
pocket, then pleated some
PP to frill the edge. I added
some of the leaf ribbon that
was in the pack sent as an
RAK by the lovely Julie (Thanks again Julie!) &
used some peach paper
rosebuds & pearls to finish!
 

IMG_7292Then I made a tag & used
the above photo of Karen so
we could see who it is that’s ‘Practically Perfect’!! I’m hoping that Mr Postman delivered it today &
she’s not seeing it here for the first time!!!

Whatever happens…I hope you’re having an amazing birthday Karen & I hope we can get together again very soon!

Today is also the deadline for the third recipe challenge over at Soul Scrappers, set by the aforementioned Julie!

The recipe had to include 1 x 12x12 sheet of Kraft CS
                                      1 x 12x4 piece of PP
                                      1 x 7x5 piece of PP
                                      1x 5.75x6.5piece of PP

After that anything else could be included by way of photo’s & embellishments! This is what I came up with…

Littlest Swinger

  …yes! That’s me at age three & a half!! The original photo was so tiny that when scanned, it appeared so grainy I didn’t think I’d ever use it! But after editing it to incorporate the graininess into a vintage sepia feel, I think it’s worked OK?!!

That’s all from me for today! Thanks for stopping by & come back soon! Open-mouthed smile

2 comments:

debs14 said...

Fantastic card and a beautiful layout. You've been a busy girl.

karen said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful card. I didn't realise, until I saw your blog that there is a pull out tag with me on it. I'm a bit upset that it says I am practically perfect, when we all know that I am totally perfect !