Wednesday 4 July 2012

A Challenge, A Whisper & A Bit Of Sunshine!


7 The QUEEN Movie PosterIt’s time for another movie poster challenge over at ‘From Screen To Scrap’. This time, appropriately, it’s ‘The Queen’…

The extra criteria were…

1. To use a two word title.
2. To use pearls/rhinestones.
3. To use a cut-out figure from 
    a photo.

So with that in mind I put together my LO…

8 Back Then...

…I managed to include all the criteria! That’s me back in 1981, aged 21. Not a care in the world except thinking I was fat!! How I’d like to be as fat as that right now!! Oh the folly of youth!!

So if this challenge appeals, why not play along with us, you have until the of July to create a LO & use the linky tool over at ‘From Screen To Scrap’ to add your entry!  Hope to see you there!

9 Jacky's LO to lift for 1st July 
  I have another LO to
  share. This time for the
  lovely Dawn’s Chinese
  Whispers. Jacky sent me
  this LO to lift…
  <<<<<<<<<

 

  …& this is what I did with
  it…

10 LO from Jacky's June LO

Photo’s of Rosemary & I enjoying the local beer in Turkey last month!! I can’t remember when I last scrapped such recent photo’s!!

Finally, in the midst of all the rain we’ve had lately, I did manage to grab some shots of the boys when the sun did deign to shine for a little while! Alex is very much an indoor boy, only venturing out when coaxed & never to sit in the sunshine…too bright…too hot!!!

Lap Cat

I actually succeeded in getting him into the garden by setting up a lounger in full shade & providing an extension cable so that he could be online.

The cat also liked the look of said shady spot & promptly made himself comfortable on Alex’s laptop keyboard! It soon became apparent he had no intention of moving, so a wireless keyboard & a lap tray were used saved the day!!

Meanwhile, Nathan was being more industrious! He is saving up to buy a laptop himself & is doing as many chores as we can find for him in an attempt to boost his savings!

Mowing   He actually made a very
   good job of mowing the
   back lawn, making sure that
   he lined up each stripe!

   I will admit to nagging him
   the entire time to keep an
   eye on the power cable!! But
   he seemed to have it sorted!

  Of course the weather of late
  has been so damp that this
  isn’t turning out as lucrative a
  chore as he thought it to be!!

 
Ro's ArtI’ll leave you today with a glimpse at a piece of my sister Rosemary’s artwork.  She has been going to art classes for many years but feels she has no real talent…I beg to differ!  Check out her latest project, a close up of a Giraffe’s face…

It’s most impressive when you look close up…

Ro's Art close-up

….just look at those eyelashes!! She just has no talent at all does she?!!! Too modest I’d say!!

Anyway, that’s all from me today. Thanks for stopping by & do come back soon! Open-mouthed smile

2 comments:

debs14 said...

The close up on that picture is amazing - she really is a very talented lady.
Love your layouts, and yes, very impressed that you are using such recent pictures!

karen said...

I'm doing my best to reverse the curse I put on the weather, so hopefully the grass will need more cutting soon for Nathan. I got the giggles when I saw that picture of you. For some reason I thought you had maracas in your hands.