Tuesday 17 July 2012

Short & Sweet Movie Update!

With the end of term & summer break looming, it seems like there just aren’t enough hours in any one day!

But, I have managed to make it to the cinema twice this month!

Ice Age 4We managed to make the preview showing of ‘Ice Age 4 – Continental Drift’ & I have to say this series of films is wasted on children! I know they enjoy it, but the subtle humour is  just too wonderful & often goes straight over their heads!!  If you enjoyed films 1-3 you will love this one too! It always amazes me how they perfectly capture a little of the voice-actor in the animation & it’s worth watching the end credits right to the very last, just to see who played who!!!

Snow-White-And-The-Huntsman   Secondly, we saw ‘Snow
   White & The Huntsman’.

   I guess this was how the
   Brothers Grimm intended
   the tale to be told. Quite
   unlike the sugar coated
   Disney animation, this is a
   dark tale indeed!

   Charlize Theron as the
   wicked Queen is perfect!
   Nice to see Kristen Stewart
   in something other than a
   Twilight film & a very
   good portrayal of a tougher
   than usual Snow White!

The casting of the seven dwarves is inspired…Ray Winston, Ian McShane & Bob Hoskins to name just a few! Great special effects & so many twists in the plot made this more enjoyable than I had expected!!!

I’ll be back soon with a taste of the orient….but for now I’ll leave you with a ‘warm & fuzzy’ moment…

426919_10150938478353722_1216107033_n 

….aaaaah!!  Thanks for stopping by & see you again soon! Open-mouthed smile

3 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I like your review of Snow White....I may have to go and see it.

Sian said...

What a cleverly spotted photo!

Ifa said...

We saw Batman last week...that was quite good. I am tempted by Snow White but I am not sure my family will be interested.