Monday 5 November 2012

Let’s Go To The Movies!

11 From Paris with LoveIt’s a new month, so that means a new challenge over at ‘From Screen 2 Scrap’ & this months poster for inspiration is ‘From Paris With Love’.

The added criteria were…

1. Use a white CS background
2. Use the word LOVE in the title
3. Use an Eiffel Tower image or embellishment.

I loved this one! Here is what I came up with for my DT submission…

 

12 Paris in the rain

It’s a photo I’ve used before, taken in 1993, of me on a very wet visit to Paris. That didn’t stop us enjoying a wonderful weekend visiting all of our favourite tourist spots!!

I’d love to see you join in with this months challenge…head over to ‘From Screen 2 Scrap’ to check out the rest of the DT submissions & find details of how to play along….the deadline isn’t until midnight on 30th November!!

13 Skyfall Movie Poster

   On the topic of movies, I
   managed to catch the new
   James Bond movie ‘Skyfall’
   last weekend. It was fabulous!
 
   Daniel Craig is so much less a
   ‘stuffed shirt’ type of Bond! As
   you’d expect, there is a lot of
   totally unbelievable, but
   nonetheless impressive action
   & I even shed a few tears at
   one point! (I won’t give details
   as I’d hate to spoil anything if
   you’ve yet to see it!)

   If you’re a died-in-the-wool Bond fan you’ll love it, but even if you’re more a chic-flick lover it’s worth catching!!

14 Taken 2 Movie PosterLast night we were wowed by Liam Neeson in ‘Taken 2’. He is one of those actors that just keeps improving with age! In this he has a craggy toughness but we still get to see his tender side too. It ended leaving a definite possibilty of a  ‘Taken 3’ to follow!
The only negative was that it was all set in Istanbul, which is a city I’ve long wanted to visit, but seeing it on the big screen, it all looked a bit shabby & frankly dangerous!! My bubble is burst!!

That’s all from me today, thanks for stopping by & I hope you’ll come back soon! Open-mouthed smile

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I love your Paris page...the photo against the white background works so well.
Am looking forward to seeing the Bond film....I think Daniel Craig makes a great Bond.

humel said...

Wow, Sandi - stunning layout! We're hoping to see the film at the weekend. I should be a bit more mobile by then (I hope...)

Sian said...

What an absolutely perfect photo - I bet when you realised that you had that one you couldn't wait to get started on this stunning layout :) White backgrounds are feeling really fresh right now aren't they?

Denise said...

Beautiful layout Sandi,and I rather like Liam Neeson :-))

Ifa said...

Love your Paris LO...make me believe that I could love Paris even if it is raining. We are going for a long weekend in Dec so I will tell you then. We saw Skyfall last Friday...let me guess, you were feeling particularly weepy when M got....

Susanne said...

Really lovely page - those umbrellas help me to almost feel the rain.